PWA’s Emergency Vehicle Operations Course (EVOC) provides both in-class instruction and practical application in emergency vehicle operation.
This course provides students with both in-class instruction and practical application in vehicle operation. Students will drive and practice high-speed maneuvers and techniques relevant in both law enforcement and executive protection scenarios.
This comprehensive course seeks to deliver an in-depth overview of the skills required for high-level vehicle operation. The Emergency Vehicle Operations Course seeks to provide theoretical knowledge of vehicle operation via in-class instruction. It also offers practical application of the techniques that have been learned. Below you will find a thorough overview of the Emergency Vehicle Operations Course we are able to offer. Included are details on what students will learn and how the course may benefit their career path in future.
What this EVOC Course Involves:
The Pacific West Academy’s Emergency Vehicle Operations course is incredibly in-depth. It provides a thorough overview of vehicle operations. The course is particularly recommended for students who wish to enter into law enforcement or executive protection.
The course is broad in its scope, and seeks to provide a thorough background knowledge of a range of different areas. First and foremost, you will learn the fundamentals of vehicle dynamics. This will help to ensure a sound theoretical knowledge of vehicles. From there, you will develop skills regarding basic vehicle maintenance, as well as problem-solving techniques. These will stand you in good stead throughout the course of your career.
The problem-solving continues across the practical part of the course. You will also learn techniques for vision, braking, and skid control. All of these are essential for anyone working in an high-pressure driving situation. The course then expands further with an in-depth examination of the theory behind high-speed driving. This is allied to practical instruction in the same area. You will also learn the techniques required for reverse driving. That’s a vital skill for any executive protection officer or member of law enforcement.
We firmly believe that the course we have created is incredibly comprehensive without being overwhelming. It should ensure that all students are able to learn a variety of new driving skills. From the basic information required to maintain control of a vehicle, right through to high-speed maneuvers and techniques required for high-level driving, the course leaves no stone unturned. Furthermore, students will be supported and assisted regardless of prior driving experience. Our expert instructors will encourage and guide you throughout the process as you work towards your certification.
The Pacific West Academy Emergency Vehicle Operations course is an extremely beneficial course. It provides all the information students require for successful security-related driving work in the future.
In PWA’s Emergency Vehicle Operations Course students will learn:
- Fundamentals of Vehicle Dynamics.
- Basic Maintenance Issues Problem Solving.
- Vision Techniques.
- Braking Techniques.
- Skid Control.
- High Speed Driving.
- Reverse Driving.
- Must be 18 or older.
- Must be able to present a valid drivers license.
- High Speed EVOC Certificate from an Official School of Toyota Motorsports.
Duration: 16 hours
Why choose Pacific West Academy?
- At Pacific West Academy, we hire only the very best instructors to teach our courses. We understand that security training must be rigorous and conducted by experts. That’s why we guarantee that all of our instructors are highly experienced and fully certified to teach these techniques. Our instructors will work with you throughout the course to ensure you feel comfortable and confident.
- Pacific West Academy has been approved by a number of regulatory bodies in the state of California. As a result you can be sure that our courses are delivered to the highest possible standards. We are a fully approved Eligible Training Partner per the State of California. We have also received approval from the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education. With additional approvals from the likes of the California State Approving Agency for Veterans Education, it is clear that our methods and courses are extremely well-regarded throughout the state.
- At Pacific West State, we take our commitment to our students extremely seriously, and are proud of our accomplishments in this area. To date, we have assisted 1,500 graduates to upgrade their skills and, ultimately, expand their career options. Due to our continued dedication to excellence, you will enjoy the benefits of progressing your security-industry knowledge. Not only that, you’ll do it with one of the most dedicated and reputable companies in the world.
Why not get in touch us today?
Have an enquiry? Ready to book your place on our next Emergency Vehicle Operations Course? We’re happy to help in both cases! Please do get in touch and we’ll do all we can to assist. We’ll ensure your journey towards certification is as smooth and trouble-free as possible. We look forward to hearing from, and welcoming you to Pacific West Academy, soon.
Our Students Say
I've been in Executive Protection here in LA since returning from a tour in Iraq in 2005. I think a lot of people who are interested in this field are under the misconception that being a cop, soldier or bouncer will give them all the tools they need to be effective in the EP field. Far from it. These jobs may provide a foundation but they don't provide a true understanding of the dynamics of Executive Protection. Your course was a good introduction to the ins and outs (and potential pitfalls) of EP work. Whether or not someone is new to the field or, like me, just trying to maintain perishable skills, I highly recommend this course.Don Los Angeles, CA
I just wanted to thank you for giving me the opportunity to attend your CPR course. I know your focus is primarily training bodyguards but as a mother of two I wanted to learn CPR 'just in case.' I never realized there was such a difference between CPR for adults and CPR for infants. I now feel comfortable that if something bad were to happen I have the ability to do CPR. Thank you again.Larissa Courpus Christi, TX
I just want to say thank you to ASC for everything. After I graduated I got a call from ****** Security about my interview that I had with them on the last day of school. They said that the skill set and training I received from ASC (along with my military background) place me far beyond the average person who applied for a job with their company. And because of that they want to hire me not as a security guard, but as a shift supervisor. I couldn't believe it. One of my fears about starting my career and security was that I would graduate from training and not receive any job offers. However since graduating ASC I've been offered two jobs (one as a supervisor and one as a guard) and the pay for both are great. The money I'm going to start making is way more than what I was before so for that I want to say thank you. It was because of you guys that my life changed course and now the possibilities are ever-changing. Be sure to pass my thanks to Connor, Omer, Ryan, Jake, Ian, Steve and the rest of the guys.Jovidean Sun Valley, CA
As a former law enforcement officer I thought I had a pretty good understanding of what it would take to be a good Executive Protection Specialist but it's a whole different ball game when you don't have the weight of a badge behind you. Although this course was basically fundamentals, I felt it helped bridge the gap between my experience as a law enforcement officer and the EP field. Although I had done a lot of similar range work before I found the firearms portion of the course work to be very professional and well executed and could see how this would be a great course for someone new to the field. Thanks for a great course.Josh Huntington Beach, CA