Learn Advanced Handgun Shooting Tactics with training at Pacific West Academy.
The Advanced Handgun Shooting Tactics Course is designed to test and reinforce the fundamental tools necessary for scenarios that security personnel are most likely to encounter. The skills learned are tied together with stress-based scenario-training.
If you’re looking for the best security training courses in California, then you’ve come to the right place. Pacific West Academy works in collaboration with trusted training providers to ensure you learn all the skills you need to become better at your job.
We offer Advanced Handgun Shooting Tactics Training that will certainly help anyone in the security & protection services. This course is delivered alongside the Israeli Tactical School, and it uses a combination of scenario-training, simulations, and general learning. If you’re keen to know more about this training course, then have a look at all the information below:
The Advanced Handgun Shooting Tactics course is instructed in collaboration with Israeli Tactical School.
Who benefits from Advanced Handgun Tactics training?
A lot of security guards or bodyguards will have nonlethal weapons, but some are required to carry a firearm for added protection and safety. As a consequence, it’s vital that you learn how to use this weapon as effectively as possible. This course is designed to iron out your weaknesses and teach you how to use a handgun in tactical situations.
If you’re already a security guard, protection agent, or general gun enthusiast with intermediate weapon handling knowledge then our course is perfect for you. Likewise, it’s a good certification to have if you’re retired military or police and are thinking about a new job in your retirement years.
What will you learn?
As mentioned, this course is in collaboration with Israeli Tactical School. This is a well-known and respected counter terror & protection academy. So, you can be safe in the knowledge that everything you learn is delivered by experts that live and breathe these situations. The course structure is very much practical, and you will walk away with so much more confidence in your handgun wielding ability.
Some of the things you’ll learn include:
- General Firearm inspection and operation: This is just a refresher for those who have not trained in a while or are unfamiliar with the weapons we use during the training.
- Shooting fundamentals review: This is a top down review of shooting fundamentals to get anyone back on track if they have not been down their sights for some time.
- Point-Shooting: Understanding the natural aim of a shooters body can aid in the shooting response time of a protector. A shooter has the ability to shoot accurately at short distances without using the sights. Each student will find their natural point of aim.
- Trigger Reset manipulation: Each firearm has a reset point that when manipulated properly can allow for rapid fire in specific situations. Students will find this reset on their pistol and learn to rapid fire if necessary.
- Immediate Action drills/ Magazine Changes: Immediate action drills and magazine changes are universal to most classes so this portion will be a review for most, but we will show you some tricks of the trade to make things a little easier, quicker and more reliable for these occurrences.
- Limited Penetration: Students will learn techniques that allow for limited penetration when clearing rooms.
- Executive Protection/ Active Shooter Response: As a protector you may have to draw your pistol with a client nearby. These drills will help you understand your space in a fight and maintain awareness of your client’s position at the same time.
- Stress-based scenario-training: No course is complete without simulation training where you’re put in scenarios that are likely to happen in real life. Can you cope with pressure and stress? This is how you find out, and how you improve. These drills will be conducted with airsoft and UTM.
What are the requirements?
- Free from all felony convictions
- No active restraining orders
- Minimum of five magazines and magazine holsters for your firearm.
- A negative Covid test result within 5 days of the start date
Duration: 56 hours
Fast track your career with our Executive Security Training. Get in touch us today!
If you want to improve your handgun skills and make you more effective at your job, then get in touch with us today. Either call or email and we’ll talk to you about this class and get you signed up!
Our Students Say
I've been in Executive Protection here in LA since returning from a tour in Iraq in 2005. I think a lot of people who are interested in this field are under the misconception that being a cop, soldier or bouncer will give them all the tools they need to be effective in the EP field. Far from it. These jobs may provide a foundation but they don't provide a true understanding of the dynamics of Executive Protection. Your course was a good introduction to the ins and outs (and potential pitfalls) of EP work. Whether or not someone is new to the field or, like me, just trying to maintain perishable skills, I highly recommend this course.Don Los Angeles, CA
As a former law enforcement officer I thought I had a pretty good understanding of what it would take to be a good Executive Protection Specialist but it's a whole different ball game when you don't have the weight of a badge behind you. Although this course was basically fundamentals, I felt it helped bridge the gap between my experience as a law enforcement officer and the EP field. Although I had done a lot of similar range work before I found the firearms portion of the course work to be very professional and well executed and could see how this would be a great course for someone new to the field. Thanks for a great course.Josh Huntington Beach, CA
I just want to say thank you to ASC for everything. After I graduated I got a call from ****** Security about my interview that I had with them on the last day of school. They said that the skill set and training I received from ASC (along with my military background) place me far beyond the average person who applied for a job with their company. And because of that they want to hire me not as a security guard, but as a shift supervisor. I couldn't believe it. One of my fears about starting my career and security was that I would graduate from training and not receive any job offers. However since graduating ASC I've been offered two jobs (one as a supervisor and one as a guard) and the pay for both are great. The money I'm going to start making is way more than what I was before so for that I want to say thank you. It was because of you guys that my life changed course and now the possibilities are ever-changing. Be sure to pass my thanks to Connor, Omer, Ryan, Jake, Ian, Steve and the rest of the guys.Jovidean Sun Valley, CA
I just wanted to thank you for giving me the opportunity to attend your CPR course. I know your focus is primarily training bodyguards but as a mother of two I wanted to learn CPR 'just in case.' I never realized there was such a difference between CPR for adults and CPR for infants. I now feel comfortable that if something bad were to happen I have the ability to do CPR. Thank you again.Larissa Courpus Christi, TX