Learn Advanced Handgun Shooting Tactics with training at Pacific West Academy.
The Advanced Handgun Shooting Tactics Course is designed to test and reinforce the fundamental tools necessary for scenarios that security personnel are most likely to encounter. The skills learned are tied together with stress-based scenario-training.
If you’re looking for the best security training courses in California, then you’ve come to the right place. Pacific West Academy works in collaboration with trusted training providers to ensure you learn all the skills you need to become better at your job.
We offer Advanced Handgun Shooting Tactics Training that will certainly help anyone in the security & protection services. This course is delivered alongside the Israeli Tactical School, and it uses a combination of scenario-training, simulations, and general learning. If you’re keen to know more about this training course, then have a look at all the information below:
The Advanced Handgun Shooting Tactics course is instructed in collaboration with Israeli Tactical School.
Who is the Advanced Handgun Shooting Tactics training aimed at?
A lot of security guards or bodyguards will have nonlethal weapons, but some are required to carry a firearm for added protection and safety. As a consequence, it’s vital that you learn how to use this weapon as effectively as possible. This course is designed to iron out your weaknesses and teach you how to use a handgun in tactical combat situations.
If you’re already a security guard and want to advance your career in this field, then our course is perfect for you. Likewise, it’s a good certification to have if you’re retired military or police and are thinking about a new job in your retirement years.
What will you learn?
As mentioned, this course is in collaboration with Israeli Tactical School. This is a well-known and respected counter terror & protection academy. So, you can be safe in the knowledge that everything you learn is delivered by experts that live and breathe these situations. The course structure is very much practical, with so much knowledge delivered during the sessions. You will walk away with so much more confidence in your handgun wielding ability. Some of the things you’ll learn include:
- Weak-hand draw, Strong-hand draw, Ground, Reload: it’s crucial that you know how to draw your gun in the quickest and most effective way possible. Furthermore, you will be taught how to draw your weapon using your weaker hand. There will always be scenarios where you can’t access your firearm with your stronger hand, so you need to be equally as good with the weak one. You’ll also learn how to draw your weapon while on the ground too. running out of bullets and needing to reload can be the turning point in any gunfight. Consequently, you will learn how to reload your weapon in an instant, so it feels like second nature to you.
- Planted 360-draw: this is a very specific skill that all handgun wielders need to learn. It involves drawing your weapon while standing up and turning in a 360-degree motion. The aim is to teach you how to draw your weapon and face the danger area at the same time.
- Alternate Shooting-position: Seated
- Progressive Drill: you’ll be put through a Progressive Drill that teaches you how to react in a certain situation as you progress through the chaos.
- Now Drill: sometimes, security professionals need to act fast and do things right away. With the Now Drill, you’ll be taught exactly how to act right now instead of in a few seconds when it may be too late.
- Chest-fire, Instinct-fire: it’s important that you can fire your weapon using different methods when called upon. Here, you will be taught the all-important chest-fire to ensure you aim at the center of your target and hit them in the most effective spot. You’ll also be taught instinct-fire, which helps you point and shoot on instinct.
- Drills and exercises, each emphasizing a different concept or element of shooting: students in this class will be put through a whole host of additional drills and exercises that target a particular area of shooting. This will help you cover everything and feel more confident in your skills.
- Stress-based scenario-training: no course is complete without simulation training where you’re put in scenarios that are likely to happen in real life. Can you cope with pressure and stress? This is how you find out, and how you improve.
What are the requirements?
- Free from all felony convictions
- No active restraining orders
Duration: 32 hours
Fast track your career with our Executive Security Training. Get in touch us today!
If you want to improve your handgun skills and make you more effective at your job, then get in touch with us today. Either call or email and we’ll talk to you about this class and get you signed up!
Our Students Say
I've been in Executive Protection here in LA since returning from a tour in Iraq in 2005. I think a lot of people who are interested in this field are under the misconception that being a cop, soldier or bouncer will give them all the tools they need to be effective in the EP field. Far from it. These jobs may provide a foundation but they don't provide a true understanding of the dynamics of Executive Protection. Your course was a good introduction to the ins and outs (and potential pitfalls) of EP work. Whether or not someone is new to the field or, like me, just trying to maintain perishable skills, I highly recommend this course.Don Los Angeles, CA
I just wanted to thank you for giving me the opportunity to attend your CPR course. I know your focus is primarily training bodyguards but as a mother of two I wanted to learn CPR 'just in case.' I never realized there was such a difference between CPR for adults and CPR for infants. I now feel comfortable that if something bad were to happen I have the ability to do CPR. Thank you again.Larissa Courpus Christi, TX
I just want to say thank you to ASC for everything. After I graduated I got a call from ****** Security about my interview that I had with them on the last day of school. They said that the skill set and training I received from ASC (along with my military background) place me far beyond the average person who applied for a job with their company. And because of that they want to hire me not as a security guard, but as a shift supervisor. I couldn't believe it. One of my fears about starting my career and security was that I would graduate from training and not receive any job offers. However since graduating ASC I've been offered two jobs (one as a supervisor and one as a guard) and the pay for both are great. The money I'm going to start making is way more than what I was before so for that I want to say thank you. It was because of you guys that my life changed course and now the possibilities are ever-changing. Be sure to pass my thanks to Connor, Omer, Ryan, Jake, Ian, Steve and the rest of the guys.Jovidean Sun Valley, CA
As a former law enforcement officer I thought I had a pretty good understanding of what it would take to be a good Executive Protection Specialist but it's a whole different ball game when you don't have the weight of a badge behind you. Although this course was basically fundamentals, I felt it helped bridge the gap between my experience as a law enforcement officer and the EP field. Although I had done a lot of similar range work before I found the firearms portion of the course work to be very professional and well executed and could see how this would be a great course for someone new to the field. Thanks for a great course.Josh Huntington Beach, CA